Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Public Speaking & Representing AAWAA at UC Berkeley!

Foreword:

As of October 2010, I have invested a lot of time and energy into Asian American Women Artists Association (AAWAA).  This organization has been my healing therapy and has trained and developed me into the young professional I am today.  When I entered this organization in 2010 it lacked structure and some important programs that were needed to help maintain the organizations mission statement to ensure the visibility and documentation of Asian American women in the arts.  Having to mold an organization is truly a handful, but such a valuable learning experience.  AAWAA offers a nurturing environment for personal and professional growth. My experiences being a part of this organization has truly been priceless.



March 7th, 2013, myself, my colleague Brian Ignacio, and AAWAA's newest intern, Jennifer Bequio, were invited to speak about AAWAA in Greg Choy's Ethnic Studies class at U.C. Berkeley.  It was great to see my colleague and intern so engaged in AAWAA and its' programs... I can see AAWAA taking it to another level very soon.




Photo Credit to Intern: Jennifer Bequio

No comments:

Post a Comment